Register now: http://careerfairs.leeds.ac.uk/ygrf/
The Yorkshire Graduate Recruitment Fair is a proven, cost-effective way of filling vacancies for graduates, and of raising awareness of your organisation. It is the major recruitment event in the area and has been running very successfully for over 20 years.
It is held centrally at the Egde at the University of Leeds which provides excellent facilities, including secure parking. It is managed by the Careers Centre at the University of Leeds. The team is a successful one and feedback from participants has always been extremely complementary about the organisation and facilities on offer.
The Yorkshire Graduate Recruitment Fair is part of the National Programme of AGCAS Summer Fairs. AGCAS (the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services) is the professional association for Higher Education Careers Services. Being part of the programme means that the Yorkshire Graduate Recruitment Fair receives extensive national publicity through our member services.
A typical year will see around 100 organisations promoting their opportunities to over 1900 new and recent graduates from all over the UK. You can see who is attending the event this year. You can also see who attended last year's fair.
Organisations attending are very diverse, including national and multi-national companies, small local companies, specialist recruitment agencies, higher education institutions, training providers, voluntary organisations. The one thing they have in common is that they provide opportunities for graduates, or provide services to graduates.
New and recent graduates from all UK universities can attend. They offer a variety of skills and experiences and have studied a wide range of degree subjects, as the breakdown of last year's attendance shows. All of them will be looking for opportunities to start or develop their careers.
How could your organisation benefit?
You could benefit from attending, if you:
- Have immediate and future vacancies - local, national or international - suitable for graduates looking for their first career step, or seeking experience to set them on their way.
- Are based in Yorkshire and are interested in recruiting graduates for local vacancies (the Local Employment Zone is a strong feature of the event)
- Offer recruitment services for graduates
- Provide further study opportunities, including postgraduate courses and vocational training
- Recruit graduates for voluntary work, home or overseas
- Provide advice and support for enterprising graduates wishing to start their own business
•Provide information and advice on occupations and other options
The Fair will provide a perfect forum for you to raise awareness of your organisation, advertise your opportunities and meet informally with graduates. The cost of attending is less than one newspaper advertisement! Some discounts are available for certain organisations.