At a Glance Eligibility Checklist for Government Funded Business Support

SEISS – Self Employed Income Support Scheme

Closes on Monday 19 October and is replaced with:
SEISS grant extension
The grant extension is for self-employed individuals who are currently eligible for the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme and are actively continuing to trade, but are facing reduced demand due to coronavirus (COVID-19).

Job Retention Scheme – Flexible Furlough

Ends 31st October

Replaced by: Job Support Scheme
The Job Support Scheme is designed to protect viable jobs in businesses who are facing lower demand over the winter months due to Covid-19, to help keep their employees attached to the workforce. The scheme will open on 1 November 2020 and run for 6 months.

The company will continue to pay its employee for time worked, but the cost of hours not worked will be split between the employer, the Government (through wage support) and the employee (through a wage reduction), and the employee will keep their job.

The Government will pay a third of hours not worked up to a cap, with the employer also contributing a third. This will ensure employees earn a minimum of 77% of their normal wages, where the Government contribution has not been capped.

Employers using the Job Support Scheme will also be able to claim the Job Retention Bonus if they meet the eligibility criteria.

Kickstarter scheme 

– new funding for placements for 16-24 yr olds

For SME’s/companies with less than 30 places via Chamber website

For large companies

Job Retention Bonus – new

The Job Retention Bonus is a £1,000 one-off taxable payment to you (the employer), for each eligible employee that you furloughed and kept continuously employed until 31 January 2021.

You’ll be able to claim the bonus between 15 February 2021 and 31 March 2021. You do not have to pay this money to your employee.

Test and Trace support payment

– new
If you’ve been contacted by the Test and Trace service and told to self isolate, you could be entitled to a one-off payment of £500 to support you while you’re unable to work if you’re on a low income or benefits.

Universal Credit and ESA
Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly – or twice a month for some people in Scotland.

You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income, out of work or you cannot work.

Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) rebate scheme –
You could get SSP if you’re self-isolating because you or someone you live with has coronavirus symptoms or has tested positive for coronavirus

Sign up to receive our newsletter.

Keep up to date with news and information from Enterprising Barnsley.
* indicates required

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from Enterprising Barnsley:

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.