This page is designed to pull together all the different support available to hotels and accommodation businesses during national restrictions. Please note, not all hotels and accommodation businesses will be eligible for all the support programmes listed below. This page was last updated on 25th Jan 2021.
Local Restrictions Support Grant
The Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) helps businesses that have been required to close due to the government’s local lockdown restrictions announced by the Prime Minister on 4th January 2021
Under these local restrictions, the following businesses must close.
- non-essential retail
- hospitality venues
- accommodation such as hotels
- leisure and sports facilities
- entertainment venues
- animal attractions
- indoor attractions at venues
- personal care facilities such as hair, beauty, tanning and nail salons.
- community centres
To qualify for support through the LRSG, your business must have been
- open as usual before the restrictions
- registered for business rates at the premises on 23 October 2020
- providing services in-person to customers from the premises
- required to close due to the lockdown restrictions imposed by the government as of 5th January 2021
The amounts you will receive depend on the rateable value of the property and the length of time that the business remains closed.
For full information on this scheme, please visit https://my.barnsley.gov.uk/form/Apply-for-a-Local-Restrictions-Support-Grant-For-A-Closed-Business/page-1
Businesses forced to close that do not have a Business rates account
Sheffield City Region has secured funding to support local businesses across South Yorkshire that have been forced to close but are unable to access any of the national grant schemes because they do not have a separate business rates account.
To access this support the business must be able to demonstrate that they have fixed property related costs and must have been forced to close during the national restrictions.
We will support businesses that fall into one of (but not restricted to) the following categories
- Small business in shared spaces that do not have a separate business rates account
- Regular market traders (indoor or outdoor) with fixed property costs
- Self-employed who rent a space in a property that is registered for business rates
You must also not have been able to access any other Government Business Support during this period. (NOTE this excludes the Governments Furlough support scheme or self-employed income scheme)
For full information on the scheme, please visit https://www.enterprisingbarnsley.co.uk/new-discretionary-local-restrictions-support-grants-businesses-forced-to-close-that-do-not-have-a-business-rates-account/
Grant to support the supply chain industry to the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, and entertainment sectors
Sheffield City Region has secured funding to support local businesses in the supply chain of businesses in hospitality, accommodation, leisure and entertainment sectors which have been forced to close.
To be eligible the supply chain business must:
- Be located in South Yorkshire.
- Be able to demonstrate significant links within the SY supply chain.
- Demonstrate a significant loss of trade as a result of local restrictions (T2/T3/National).
- Have been open and trading on 13 October 2020.
- Be able to demonstrate that the business activity is largely involved in supplying the hospitality, accommodation, leisure and entertainment sector on a business to business basis i.e. not retail to the public.
- Have fixed property costs – identified by rateable value or rent. Storage facilities directly associated with the business would represent eligible property costs.
- The scheme excludes national and large companies.
To find out more about this scheme, visit https://www.enterprisingbarnsley.co.uk/local-restrictions-support-grant-for-businesses-in-the-supply-chain-industry-to-the-hospitality-accommodation-leisure-and-entertainment-sectors/
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
Under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, all UK employers will be able to access support to continue paying part of their employees’ salaries for those employees that would otherwise have been laid off during this crisis.
See our quick guide to help you apply here. https://www.enterprisingbarnsley.co.uk/help-to-claim-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme/
Self-Employed Income Support Scheme
If you’re self-employed or a member of a partnership and have been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) find out if you can use this scheme to claim a grant.
Full information about this support can be found here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-coronavirus-covid-19-self-employment-income-support-scheme