This page is designed to pull together all the different support available to wholesalers and other businesses supplying service or good on a business to business basis during national restrictions. Please note, not all garages, wholesalers and other businesses supplying service or good on a business to business will be eligible for all the support programmes listed below. This page was last updated on 2nd Feb 2021.
Grant to support the supply chain industry to the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, and entertainment sectors
Sheffield City Region has secured funding to support local businesses in the supply chain of businesses in hospitality, accommodation, leisure and entertainment sectors which have been forced to close.
To be eligible the supply chain business must:
- Be located in South Yorkshire.
- Be able to demonstrate significant links within the SY supply chain.
- Demonstrate a significant loss of trade as a result of local restrictions (T2/T3/National).
- Have been open and trading on 13 October 2020.
- Be able to demonstrate that the business activity is largely involved in supplying the hospitality, accommodation, leisure and entertainment sector on a business to business basis i.e. not retail to the public.
- Have fixed property costs – identified by rateable value or rent. Storage facilities directly associated with the business would represent eligible property costs.
- The scheme excludes national and large companies.
To find out more about this scheme, visit https://www.enterprisingbarnsley.co.uk/local-restrictions-support-grant-for-businesses-in-the-supply-chain-industry-to-the-hospitality-accommodation-leisure-and-entertainment-sectors/
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
Under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, all UK employers will be able to access support to continue paying part of their employees’ salaries for those employees that would otherwise have been laid off during this crisis. See our quick guide to help you apply here. https://www.enterprisingbarnsley.co.uk/help-to-claim-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme/
Self-Employed Income Support Scheme
If you’re self-employed or a member of a partnership and have been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) find out if you can use this scheme to claim a grant.
Full information about this support can be found here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-coronavirus-covid-19-self-employment-income-support-scheme