Join Barnsley Digital Media Centre and the TechTown network for the launch of Barnsley’s Digital Campus Action Plan. The event includes pitches from partners covering the key actions in the plan and an expert panel on the digital economy and regional ecosystem.
Barnsley has led the TechTown Action Planning network, part of an URBACT funded programme supporting cities from across Europe to co-create innovative plans to address local challenges. Over two years, the TechTown network has focused on how small and medium-sized towns and cities can encourage digital sector growth, creating more digital jobs and businesses both in the sector and beyond. Working with 10 city partners from across the EU, including Limerick (Ireland), Dubrovnik (Croatia), San Sebastian (Spain), LOOP City (Copenhagen, Denmark), Clermont Ferrand (France), Basingstoke (UK), Gavle (Sweden), Siracusa (Italy), Cesis (Latvia) and Nyiregyhaza (Hungary), Barnsley has spearheaded the charge for finding new ways to encourage sector growth.
Throughout the project, our motto has been ‘Adapt or Die’. This lively lunchtime event will set out exactly how Barnsley will very much ‘adapt’ via its ambitious Digital Campus agenda that will connect digital people, digital learning and digital businesses online and offline.
The digital sector, and digital transformation across industry and the public sector, provides an opportunity to develop higher value jobs and businesses which can support growth in local and regional economies.
11.00 Registration, coffee and connecting
11.30 Opening keynote and remarks
11.45 Pitches by project leaders
12.15 Expert panel discussion on the role of digital ecosystems in the region and beyond
12.45 Lunch and networking
Who should attend:
- Anyone interested in growing the digital economy and digital jobs (spaces and places, business support, entrepreneurship, digitalising existing businesses or industry)
- Stakeholders in local, regional and national digital ecosystems
- Stakeholders in growing, attracting, retaining and returning digital talent and skills
- Digital and wider economy businesses keen to see how Barnsley can support business growth
- Anyone interested in smart cities, data-led innovation, digital manufacturing and the role of the city in a digital ecosystem