The workshop will combine a clear set of guideline slides and a handout, combined with some exercises within the group to explore the approaches and concepts outlined.
The key steps of the workshop are:
Step one: Understand your existing customers and map them out
– Why do they buy from you?
– What sectors do they come from?
– Segment them into groups by sector, size, geography and service/product they buy
Step Two: Understand your current competitors and map them out
– Who are they?
– What is their competitive edge?
Step Three: Can you compete – should you compete?
– Is price, product or service the issue or opportunity
– Is it better to differentiate rather than compete head on?
Step Four: Define your Opportunity
– Identify decision makers in target clients
Step Five: Develop a Targeted Campaign
– Design your campaign to combine on and off line promotional activity with a telephone and face to face campaign (as is best suited to your target market)
– The importance of market research and understanding your market BEFORE you act