This is a fully funded practical workshop specifically for SME’s in the Sheffield City Region* and will cover:
• An introduction to the 3D printers (both filament and resin) including safety precautions
• An understanding of CAD design using Autodesk Fusion 360 software
• How to export designs to print
• Applications using a selection of materials including metal
• Trouble shooting any problems you may have encountered with 3D Printing
• Cost effectiveness of 3D Printing and ensuring ROI for your business
• An opportunity to test business and customer ideas
The workshop will allow time for everyone to become familiar with the advantages of 3D Printing and gain an overview of the benefits 3D Printing can have for their business. There is also the chance to learn about our Digital Innovation for Growth Programme (for eligible SME’s*) which offers 12 hours of fully funded access to our prototyping and testing facilities in the MakerLab, and the opportunity to work with Sheffield Hallam University’s academic experts.
The Digital Innovation for Growth Programme is available to businesses across the Sheffield City Region who are looking to make the most of digital technology to grow, improve products, maximise efficiency and adopt new ways of working. *
The workshop will be run by Kevin Askew, Business Development Manager at Additive-X. Kevin has a wealth of experience and knowledge spanning a range of technologies and materials within the additive manufacturing sector. He helps business leaders to implement solutions and to succeed with additive manufacturing in their organisations.
Our building is fully accessible and lunch will be provided. Pay and Display parking is available on-site at the County Way Car Park.
*The programme is available for SME’s across Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, and Rotherham, as well as Chesterfield, North-East Derbyshire, Derbyshire Dales, Bolsover, and Bassetlaw.
People registering will be added to our mailing list for future DMC MakerLab events.
Why not take a look at our upcoming event – Get Started with Laser Cutting.
If you have questions, please email us at DMC@Barnsley.gov.uk