This is a fully funded and practical workshop specifically for SME’s in the Sheffield City Region* and will cover:
• An introduction to the Lotus Laser Cutter including safety precautions
• An understanding of Lotus Cut Software
• Different applications using various materials
• An opportunity to test business and customer ideas
• Attendees are encouraged to bring materials they may want to test and there is the opportunity to continue to work in the Maker Lab (supervised) in the afternoon if desired.
The workshop will allow time for everyone to become familiar with the Laser Cutting procedures and gain an overview of the benefits that Laser Cutting can have for their business. There is also the chance to learn about our Digital Innovation for Growth Programme (for eligible SME’s*) which offers 12 hours of fully funded access to our prototyping and testing facilities in the Maker Lab, and the opportunity to work with Sheffield Hallam University’s academic experts.
The workshop will be run by Paul Bennett, MCGI. Paul has a wealth of experience in training and development, leading maker lab demonstrations and experiential learning. He has significant experience in enabling business leaders who are looking to make the most of digital technology to improve products, maximise efficiency and adopt new ways of working.
Our building is fully accessible and lunch will be provided. Pay and Display parking is available on-site at the County Way Car Park. Any questions about materials please contact DMC@barnsley.gov.uk.
*The programme is available for SME’s across Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, and Rotherham, as well as Chesterfield, North-East Derbyshire, Derbyshire Dales, Bolsover, and Bassetlaw.