In this workshop we look at the ten steps to success. Do you actually need an employee? If so, how do you go about advertising, interviewing and selecting the right person? Once through the selection process we need to conduct pre-employment checks and what do we need to do in terms of a contract of employment? What are our legal obligations in terms of that employee and how can we prepare ourselves for when things go wrong?
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- decide whether the time is right to employ someone
- write a useful job description
- understand all the options for advertising to attract the right candidate
- conduct a fair and simple interview to find the right person for the job
- create a training programme to build a competent and con dent employee
- meet legal obligations for attracting and employing people
- understand what makes a fair and binding employment contract
- set useful goals, objectives and standards of performance
- understand the rights of employees and employers
- avoid the pitfalls of first time employers and know where to go if things go wrong.