Looking for a job or a new career?
Setting up your own business?
Want to improve your skills or qualifications?
Visit the information stalls, join a workshop, attend a presentation.
Call in at any time and stay for as long as you need.
Find out about:
- English language fluency requirements.
- Hints and tips to successfully apply for jobs with the public sector.
- Checking your qualifications are relevant for jobs in the UK.
- What you need to do to be cleared to work with children and adults in vulnerable situations.
- Help and advice to set up your own business.
Speak to the employers, including:
- Barnsley Council
- South Yorkshire Police
- Barnsley Hospital
- South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue
- Berneslai Homes
Speak to training and skills providers, including:
- Workers Education Association / Northern College
- Barnsley College
- Adult Skills and Community Learning
Discuss careers and opportunities in:
- Medical, health and social care
- The police and fire services
- Volunteering and community projects
- Housing and community safety
Discuss starting your own business with:
- Prince’s Trust
- Business Start-up advisers
Some workshops may be popular so please book to reserve your place:
Application and Interview Skills
How to apply for jobs in Barnsley, on-line application process, application form or CVs, interview skills and more.
1:10pm to 1:40pm
Starting Your Own Business
Help and support for starting your own business, different types of business startup,
opening bank accounts, and more.
1:50pm to 2:20pm
Qualifications and Certificates
Equivalent qualifications from overseas, Disclosure and Barring Service, Right to Work and more.
2:40pm to 3:10pm
English Language Learning and Requirements
How to access English language courses and conversation classes, the standard of English required for most employers, English language fluency requirements and more.
3:30pm to 4:00pm
How to find out about volunteering opportunities, Right to Work (as applies to volunteering), selection criteria, setting up your own community projects, support available and more.
4:20pm to 4:50pm
To reserve a place on a workshop please email EqualityandDiversity@barnsley.gov.uk
or telephone 01226 787638