Join us for our next ‘Lunch & Learn’ session with leadership and management specialist Elizabeth Shassere
VISION, MISSION, AND VALUES: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE, AND HOW THEY ARE ESSENTIAL TO YOUR COMPANY’S SUCCESS
“Your mission and vision statements, as well as your values and goals, are the ‘spiritual’ guide to your team and its work. Setting these out nails your colours to the mast. They are your flag flying, your logo emblazoned, and your journey-mapping for all to see.”
Understanding the difference between a vision, a mission, and values is essential to establishing them, and therefore making an effective, efficient journey to the destination that is your company’s future.
In this session you will:
- Explore the basis of vision and mission statements, the difference between them, and review a range of examples
- Work through a set of guiding questions to help you identify and clarify your vision and mission and your company values
- Consider areas of improvement in your company and how you can use vision, mission, and values to address them
You’ll leave with:
- An understanding of the difference between vision and mission, and why knowing this is important to success;
- Knowing what values are in relation to your work, and be able to articulate these in a way that helps you achieve the vision and mission you set out;
- An understanding of the role of vision, mission, and values in setting the culture of your team or company, in recruitment and retention, in setting and achieving goals, and in prioritising work.
As well as being a solopreneur and a non-technical startup founder, Elizabeth Shassere has over 20 years experience as a leader and manager. She has distilled this experience into her book, “Becoming a Fearless Leader: A simple guide to taking control and building happy, productive high performing teams”.
Please arrive any time from 12.15pm onwards. The workshop will run from 12.30 – 13:30 over lunch including Q&A. There’ll be an opportunity for informal networking after the workshop finishes.
Cooper Sessions is a year-long programme of events and activities aimed at small businesses and entrepreneurs who want to take their business to the next level. For more information on Cooper Sessions, please visit our website.