During this interactive masterclass brought to you by Simon Bedford, and the Department for International Trade (DIT), we will look at the countries exporters have traditionally targeted and highlight the new market opportunities for future development. We will also look at the world’s fastest-growing economies – where are they and do they represent the real opportunities for UK exporters?
In this half-day workshop, we will cover:
- Exploring new and emerging markets
- Opportunities in advanced economies
- The importance of developing an export strategy
- How to identify potential international risks
- Practical advice about key aspects of international business from a guest speaker
- DIT support and how to access the Exporting for Growth grant programme
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify the best future opportunities
- Prioritise high growth markets
- Know when to target selected markets
- Understand how to develop an export strategy
- Manage potential international risks
- Enquire about DIT support and the Exporting for Growth grant programme
About the speaker:
Simon Bedford has worked on contract for the Department for International Trade and prior to that UKTI for over 12 years. In this time Simon has worked with more than 1000 companies discussing the company’s strategy, assessing the appropriate “route to market” options and supporting their developments.
During this period Simon has co-written a range of guides for DIT and his book “Exporting Made Easy” is a practical guide to selling overseas through agents and distributors.
Simon has in-depth knowledge of a wide range of markets from Europe and the USA, to the Middle East and South East Asia. He worked for many years in the international division of a Belgian multinational.
Simon is an Associate Lecturer in International Business and Marketing at Sheffield Hallam University.