Finding export markets is an important aspect of developing your international sales, particularly when it comes to choosing the right one for you. This workshop brought to you by JH Market Strategy and the Department for International Trade (DIT) will help your company understand how to select and prioritise potential export markets, whether you plan to explore new and emerging markets or concentrate on advanced economies.
Together, we will also look at how to research them thoroughly to ensure that key entry decisions are made with confidence. We will also explore how research can help with decisions such as the most appropriate route to market to choose, which products or services to offer and what prices to charge.
In this half-day workshop, we will cover:
- How to select and prioritise target export markets
- The practical benefits of gathering intelligence and data analysis
- How to prepare a market research plan
- Effective desk research methods and sources
- Visiting an overseas market to conduct research
- DIT support and how to access the Exporting for Growth grant programme
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Produce a market research plan for your target countries
- Gather research data that are relevant to your needs
- Research quickly and effectively using the Internet
- Feel confident visiting overseas markets for research purposes
- Enquire about DIT support and the Exporting for Growth grant programme
About the speaker:
John Harrison MIEx CMRS
John Harrison has run his own training and consultancy business specialising in international trade strategy since 2004 and delivers lively, thought-provoking and highly interactive export workshops on behalf of the Department for International Trade and Chambers of Commerce across the UK. He has helped businesses of all sizes to develop their sales overseas, across a huge range of business sectors and covering all world markets.
Expertise includes export marketing research, winning orders overseas, export pricing, managing agents & distributors, international communications, cultural awareness and international exhibition skills.
He has experience across manufacturing, engineering and service sectors having held a number of marketing and programme management roles. He has travelled all over the world on business, living and working in North America, and led groups of UK businesses on market visits throughout Europe, China, South East Asia, the Indian sub-continent and Africa.
Read more Read less