A freight forwarder will save you time and money if you’re exporting large volumes or high-value goods. By using any combination of rail, road, sea and air, you can ensure your products reach your customers quickly and safely.
In this interactive workshop, brought to you by Karen Mosley from 512 and the Department for International Trade (DIT), we will look at how businesses like yours can benefit from freight forwarding and how to pick the right service for you. We will also cover the necessary documents when shipping overseas and what they represent, as well as the legal responsibility for HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) compliance.
512 is one of the UK’s leading freight forwarders. Based in Sheffield and Doncaster, they’ve been importing and exporting across the world for over 26 years.
In this half-day workshop, we will cover:
- What services are offered by freight forwarders and how do you select the best one for you
- How to get started with shipping and what to do next
- Export documentation and what they represent
- Understanding International Commercial Terms (Incoterms)
- HMRC and the importance of accuracy
- Your logistical considerations
- The dos and don’ts of shipping, with a real-life case study example
- DIT support and how to access the Exporting for Growth grant programme
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the services offered by freight forwarders
- Choose the right mode of transport to ship your goods
- Handle customs documentation with confidence
- Ensure you are HMRC compliant and understand your legal responsibility
- Plan your logistics strategy and weigh up cost versus speed
- Enquire about DIT support and the Exporting for Growth grant programme