You must not reopen if your business is closed under current government rules. Check if your business or venue can open.
However, all businesses that can open should follow the 5 steps to working safely. These are listed below, see more detail on them here.
1. Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment
2. Develop cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures
3. Help people to work from home
4. Maintain 2m social distancing, where possible
5. Where people cannot be 2m apart, manage transmission risk
We covered these topics with Barnsley Council Regulatory Services live on our Facebook channel on Wednesday 3 June 2020. Take a look here.
DOWNLOAD OUR RETURN TO WORK POSTERS
We want to support your return to work. Why not download and use our #KeepingBarnsleyMoving Posters to use in your workplace to remind workers and customers of any changes and how to shop safely.
The message remains:
- If your business can work at home, please do so.
- Consider active travel rather than public transport where possible.
It is a legal requirement that all businesses undertake a specific risk assessment for compliance with COVID19 and that where there are 5 or more employees this is documented in writing.
It is also important that wherever possible Businesses aim for social distancing separation of at least 2m wherever possible.
Supporting your staff
Download this employer return to work document for helpful hints, tips and links to further support for business owners and managers to secure the wellbeing of your staff and increase productivity as you manage the return to work of home and furloughed workers.