We know businesses continue to struggle as a result of the ongoing Covid 19 restrictions.
Any business forced to close from government restrictions can access the Local Restrictions Support Grant here.
However, we are acutely aware that many businesses which remain open are suffering from a loss of trade. With this in mind, and with support from Sheffield City Region, we are able to introduce the Local Discretionary Business Hardship Scheme.
To be eligible a business must meet the following criteria:
- Only local, regional or independent businesses classed as essential retail (see below) and that remain open during the lockdown will be considered;
- Businesses in manufacturing, construction & office based are excluded;
- All other businesses (e.g. non-essential retail, hospitality, leisure etc.) are also excluded as they can access the Local Restrictions Support Grant;
- Only business with fixed property costs will be considered;
- Businesses must be able to demonstrate financial hardship;
- Only businesses that cannot access any financial support to businesses will be considered;
- State aid rules apply.
All self-employed in these areas may be considered but should have fixed property costs.
Businesses in the following sectors are eligible to apply:
- Essential retail (including food shops, convenience stores, garden centres and hardware/DIY stores);
- Garages (including those with a convenience store attached), bicycle shops and vehicle hire;
- Pet shops (but not veterinary services);
- Laundrettes and dry cleaners.
In exceptional circumstances but solely at the discretion of the Council, an application may also be considered from a business not included in the list above that has other fixed business costs excluding property-related costs. These will be considered where severe financial hardship can be evidenced and where no other business support can be accessed. Applications will only be considered on case by case basis with no right of appeal.