One-off Grant to support businesses trade safely outside.
This is a one-off grant payment of between £1000 to £3000 to businesses in hospitality, accommodation, leisure and entertainment that have been allowed to open to the public, outdoors only, from Monday 12th April 2021.
The grants are being made to acknowledge the additional expenditure that these businesses have had to incur to prepare to re-open and operate safely outdoors. The grant is to cover specific items of expenditure either pre-planned or already paid for.
Criteria to apply
- Business must be in open and trading outdoors from commercial premises on 12th April 2021
- Business to consumer trading
- Must operate in the Hospitality, Accommodation, Leisure and Entertainment Sector
- Must have an ‘outdoor hospitality offer’
- Have incurred costs associated with adapting their business to trade safely outside after 22nd February 2021. Or..
- Be planning to incur costs associated with adapting their business to increase capacity for outdoor hospitality and incurred expenditure to that effect by 22nd June.
National chains are excluded from the grant.
How will the grant be allocated?
- One grant per premise, capped at 3 premises per business
- Maximum £3,000 grant
- Minimum £1,000 grant
- Grant can support 100% of eligible costs up to a maximum of £3,000
- Grant can provide a contribution to a larger invoice / expenditure outlay to a maximum of 20K. e.g. a business has spent £15,000 on the installation of a raised deck and shelter a grant of £3,000 can be provided as a contribution.
What we need from you to apply:
Application Process and Assessment
- Applications open for a 2-week window commencing Monday 10th May,
- Grants processed on first-come, first-served basis. There is limited funding available for the support so applications will be closed once all funding is committed.
- Itemised Invoice/s for eligible costs including hire costs dated after 22nd February 2021
- Bank statement to verify bank details and provide evidence of invoices being paid.
- Valid itemised quotes for equipment or hire (where costs have not yet been incurred) but confirmation post payment.
Eligible Costs –
The below list should act as a guide only!
- tables / chairs
- decking / parklets / platforms
- payment terminals for outdoor use
- lighting / sound / pa equipment
- bar areas
- barriers / tap rails
- hire of the above equipment
- costs associated with the installation of the above (invoice description must include work undertaken)
- Licenses / permits required by law
- Legal fees
- Wage costs
- Ipads / technology for service
- Items required for service e.g. glasses / plates / cutlery
- Costs that cannot be evidenced and that are not directly associated with trading outside.
If you believe you’re eligible for this grant, please apply: